Roasted Beetroot Dip
Roasted Beetroot DipThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 6 beetroots, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 red chilli, seeded
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- Lemon zest, optional
- 1 tsp chia seeds, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the beetroots and the garlic on a baking tray lined with foil and drizzle with the oil. Fold the foil over to cover the beetroots.
- Roast for 50 to 60 minutes, until soft, adding more oil after 30 minutes if needed.
- Let cool then blend with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, adjusting the spices and liquid to achieve the desired taste and texture.
- Sprinkle with the optional lemon zest and chia seeds and serve.
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan