Chocolate Orange Cookies
Chocolate Orange CookiesOne More Slice
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 225 g caster sugar
- 150 g dairy-free butter
- 3 Tbsp aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 205 g self-raising flour
- 55 g cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- Splash of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 150–200 g dairy-free chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease and line 2 large baking sheets.
- Rub the orange zest and sugar together using your fingers.
- Combine the orange-sugar mix with the butter and mix then add the aquafaba.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the bowl and fold into the mixture until no floury patches remain.
- Mix in the orange juice.
- Add the chocolate and, using your hands, mix until evenly distributed.
- Form into 10 balls, flatten each, and place on the baking sheets, leaving space between them.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes (15 if you like them soft and chewy, 18 if you prefer them crispy).
- Remove from the oven and let cool..
Recipe adapted from One More Slice