Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes
Lemon Drizzle CupcakesThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 200 g caster sugar
- 275 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 165 ml sparkling water
- 100 ml light olive oil
- 350 g dairy-free butter
- 380 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a cupcake tray with cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the caster sugar, the flour, the baking powder, and the lemon zest.
- Slowly add the lemon juice, the water, and the oil. Mix until just combined and smooth.
- Fill each cupcake case with batter, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from tray and place on a cooling rack.
- To make a buttercream, whip the dairy-free butter in a bowl. When smooth, creamy, and light in colour, sift in the icing sugar and drizzle in the vanilla extract. Mix until fluffy and fully combined.
- Top the cupcakes with the buttercream.
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan