Lemon and Blueberry Drizzle Cake
Lemon and Blueberry Drizzle CakeWrapped in Newspaper
- 175 g spelt flour
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds, optional
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 160 ml water
- 80 ml + 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 200 g blueberries
- 80 g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a medium loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, lemon zest, and poppy seeds, if using.
- Add the vegetable oil, the water, and 80 millilitres of maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Add the juice of 2 lemons and the blueberries and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Using a fork, prick the cake in several places.
- Mix together the juice of 1 lemon and the remaining maple syrup and pour over the cake. Set aside to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the remaining lemon juice, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Store in an airtight tin.
Recipe Adapted From Wrapped in Newspaper