Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers
Quinoa and Black Bean BurgersThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp light olive oil
- 12 burger buns
- Guacamole, lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, or other desired toppings., optional
- Process all the ingredients except the oil, buns, and toppings in a food processor until combined but slightly chunky.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
- Form into patties and place on baking paper. Chill for 10 more minutes.
- Coat a large wok or pan with the oil and heat on low.
- Cook the burgers for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, until brown and crispy.
- Place on a piece of kitchen towel and allow the excess oil to drain off.
- Assemble the burgers on buns with the desired toppings.
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan