Creamy Mexican Bean Soup
Creamy Mexican Bean SoupThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can black-eyed beans
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Coconut cream, optional
- Place the oil in a large pan on the hob and leave for a few minutes to heat up.
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic clove and add to the pan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until light brown, stirring regularly to prevent sticking and burning.
- Rinse and drain the sweetcorn, kidney beans, and black-eyed beans.
- To the onions and garlic, add the sweetcorn, kidney beans, black-eyed beans, tomatoes, smoked paprika, oregano, vegetable stock, chilli flakes, salt, and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Cover and cook over low to medium heat for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Add more vegetable stock if the soup becomes too thick.
- Serve with a scoop of coconut cream, if desired, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan