Roasted Vegetable Couscous
Roasted Vegetable CouscousGinger Kitchen
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 2 sweet peppers, diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 Tbsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the sweet potato and carrot on a baking tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoonful of mixed herbs. Roast for 40 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, place the onion, courgette, and peppers on another baking tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoonful of mixed herbs. Roast along with the sweet potato and carrot for the remaining 25 minutes.
- Transfer all the roasted vegetables to a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to the boil. Add the couscous and continue boiling for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, garlic granules, paprika, chilli flakes, nutritional yeast, the remaining mixed herbs, and the lemon juice and stir through with a fork.
- Add the couscous and the sun-dried and cherry tomatoes to the large bowl with the roasted vegetables and mix well.
Recipe Adapted From Ginger Kitchen