Vegan Tuna and Avocado Toast with Rocket Salad
This vegan tuna and avocado toast recipe, adapted from a recipe by Good Catch, is quick to prepare and makes a fresh and filling lunch for two. Good Catch products offer the taste, texture, and look of seafood without harming animals. Its Plant-Based Tuna is a protein-packed blend of peas, chickpeas, lentils, soya, fava beans, and navy beans.
Vegan Tuna and Avocado Toast with Rocket SaladGood Catch
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 pouches Good Catch Oil & Herbs Plant-Based Tuna (available in Tesco)
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 packet rocket leaves
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp thinly sliced jalapeños
- Lightly brush the sourdough bread slices with 2 tablespoonfuls of the olive oil and toast in the oven or under the grill. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the plant-based tuna, the avocado, a tablespoonful of the lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and lightly mash with the back of a fork.
- In another bowl, combine the rocket, radish, and jalapeños with the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and toss gently.
- Spread the tuna-avocado mash evenly on the toasted bread. Top each slice with the rocket salad and serve.