Asparagus and Broccoli Pasta Bake
Asparagus and Broccoli Pasta BakeGinger Kitchen
- 24 spears asparagus
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 cups pasta
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups soya milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Snap the woody ends off the asparagus spears and discard.
- Lay the remaining spears on a lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta for 10 minutes while making the sauce.
- In a pan, melt the vegan butter. Stir in the flour to form a paste. Add the soya milk to the pot a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add the mustard, onion granules, garlic granules, and 1/2 cup nutritional yeast and mix well. Set aside.
- Add the broccoli to the pasta 2 to 3 minutes before it finishes cooking.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and chop into chunks. Lower the oven temperature to 180°C.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and return to the pan. Add the asparagus and the sauce. Mix well until everything is coated. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Pulse the bread into crumbs in a food processor then add the remaining nutritional yeast. Sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe Adapted From Ginger Kitchen