Chickpea Chana Masala
Chickpea Chana MasalaThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 40 ml oil
- 2 small white onions, finely chopped
- 10 g fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 150 g coconut cream
- Place a large pan over medium heat, then add 40 ml of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and ginger and stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Place in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pan.
- Add the garlic paste, cumin, chilli powder, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, pepper, salt, and coconut sugar, if using.
- Stir until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a little oil.
- Add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Stir to coat. If the mixture is too thick, you can add up to 60 ml of water.
- Add the coconut cream and cook, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until thick.
- Serve warm.
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan