Lentil and Chickpea Curry
Lentil and Chickpea CurryThe Rose & Bean
- 500 g frozen vegetables
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 400-g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 400-g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 400-g tin coconut milk
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat.
- Pour the frozen vegetables into the pan and stir as they defrost, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and optional chilli powder and stir well to coat.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the lentils and chickpeas and stir to coat.
- Spoon in the coconut milk and tomato paste and stir well.
- Bring to a boil then simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Recipe adapted from The Rose & Bean