Chocolate Mud Pie
Chocolate Mud PieAn Ode to Mung Beans
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups digestive biscuit crumbs
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- 1 1/2 pkg silken tofu
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a springform pan or pie dish.
- Melt the vegan butter in a small saucepan, add 1/4 cup of sugar, and stir. Turn off the heat and add the crumbs and oats. Stir until you have a thick, sticky mixture.
- Press into the pan, forming a crust.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, checking often. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, blend the tofu until creamy and smooth. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the hob and blend with the tofu until well incorporated.
- Add the remaining sugar and the maple syrup. Blend again until smooth.
- Pour into the crust. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
Recipe Adapted From An Ode to Mung Beans