Fluffy Vegan Waffles
These yummy vegan waffles, adapted from a recipe by Sweet Freedom, are low in calories and big on flavour.
Fluffy Vegan WafflesSweet Freedom
- 150 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 30 ml Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP or CARAMEL SYRUP
- 30 ml melted coconut oil or plant-based butter
- 140 g flour (plain, gluten-free, or oat)
- 25 g rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Mix the almond milk and vinegar together and set aside for about 5 minutes – this will make “vegan buttermilk”.
- Add in the FRUIT SYRUP or CARAMEL SYRUP and the oil or butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, and baking powder.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry until combined. The batter should be thick and scoopable.
- Preheat your waffle iron and spoon out the mixture evenly, making 3 waffles.
- Serve with banana and an extra drizzle of FRUIT SYRUP or CARAMEL SYRUP.