Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
Raspberry Cheesecake BrowniesVegan Lass
- 200 g vegan dark chocolate
- 280 g vegan butter
- 170 g plain white flour
- 320 g + 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 40 g brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground sea salt
- 225 ml soya milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g vegan cream cheese
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 150 g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC degrees. Grease an 8-inch square pan and line with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate and the vegan butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (or in a double boiler), stirring frequently.
- Sift the flour, 320 grams of the caster sugar, the brown sugar, the bicarbonate of soda, the cocoa powder, and the salt into another large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, mix together 100 ml of the soya milk and 1 teaspoonful of the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, beat together the vegan cream cheese, the remaining soya milk, the remaining vanilla, the remaining caster sugar, and the lemon juice.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the centre of the dry ingredients, mixing until thoroughly combined. Add the soya milk mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into the pan and dot with spoonfuls of the cream-cheese mixture. Create swirls using a knife and sprinkle with the raspberries. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until just firm.
- Let cool before cutting. Can be stored in the fridge for up to five days.
Recipe Adapted From Vegan Lass