Rhubarb and Ginger Muffins
Rhubarb and Ginger MuffinsSneaky Veg
- 400 g rhubarb, finely chopped
- 125 g light brown sugar
- 250 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Put the rhubarb in a small saucepan with a splash of water and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, until soft.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda, and ginger.
- Add the maple syrup and vegetable oil to the rhubarb and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and fold quickly into the dry ingredients, stirring until fully combined.
- Spoon into the cases until each is two-thirds full. Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes, until firm and golden-brown.
Recipe Adapted From Sneaky Veg