Rosemary-Baked Almond Cream Cheese
Rosemary-Baked Almond Cream CheeseThe Whole Ingredient
- 150 g ground almonds
- 200 ml pre-boiled or filtered water
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons (about 4 Tbsp)
- 1 generous pinch salt
- 6 green olives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- Blend the almonds, water, 2 tablespoonsful of olive oil, the lemon juice, and salt in a food processor until soft and creamy. Stir in the olives.
- Line a small colander or sieve with cheesecloth (or any thin piece of cloth) and pour in the mixture, spreading evenly with a spatula. Fold the edges of the cloth over and weigh down with a small jar. Place the colander in a bowl to catch any liquid.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a tray or small tin with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 teaspoonful of olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoonful of rosemary. Carefully turn the “cheese” out onto the paper, flattest side down. Top with the remaining oil and rosemary and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until golden.
- Let cool. Can be stored in the fridge for at least a week in an airtight container.
Recipe Adapted From The Whole Ingredient