Smokey Maple Tofu Bacon
Smokey Maple Tofu BaconThe Whole Ingredient
- 1 block firm tofu (about 280 g)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 heaping Tbsp smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne, optional
- 2 tsp oil, optional
- Drain the tofu and cut into 1-centimetre-thick slices. Place between sheets of kitchen paper and press down gently to squeeze out most of the water.
- Stir together the soy sauce, maple syrup, paprika, and cayenne, if using.
- Spread the tofu slices in a single layer or on a baking tray, pour the marinade over them, and let marinate overnight, or for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Line another baking tray with parchment paper (or with a silicone mat, if omitting the oil).
- Place the marinated tofu on the tray and drizzle with the oil, if using.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
Recipe Adapted From The Whole Ingredient