Sudanese Sweet Potato, Spinach, and Peanut Stew
Sudanese Sweet Potato, Spinach, and Peanut StewSneaky Veg
- 1–2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp tomato purée
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tin (400 g) chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml hot vegetable stock
- 100 g spinach, shredded
- 120 g peanut butter
- Warm the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, sweet potatoes, chopped tomatoes, and vegetable stock.
- Stir well, bring to the boil, then cover and lower the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the spinach and peanut butter and stir well. Cook for 5 more minutes.
Recipe Adapted From Sneaky Veg