Baked Chocolate, Peanut, and Caramel Cheesecake
Baked Chocolate, Peanut, and Caramel CheesecakeVegan Lass
For the Crust:
- 65 g roasted and salted peanuts
- 240 g vegan digestive biscuits
- 160 g vegan butter
For the Filling:
- 300 g firm silken tofu
- 500 g vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g caster sugar
- 100 ml non-dairy milk
- 50 g vegan dark chocolate
- 40 g cocoa powder
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 100 g caster sugar
- 125 ml coconut cream
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 25 g vegan butter
- 1 tsp arrowroot flour
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 60 g caster sugar
- 45 g vegan butter
- 150 ml non-dairy milk
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 30 g cocoa powder
For the Topping:
- 100 g roasted and salted peanuts, coarsely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- To make the crust, finely grind up the peanuts and the digestive biscuits in a food processor.
- Melt the vegan butter in a saucepan. Mix in the processed biscuits and peanuts. Press the crust into the bottom of an 8-inch springform tin.
- To make the filling, blend the tofu, vegan cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and non-dairy milk until completely smooth. Set half of the mixture aside.
- Carefully melt the chocolate and add to the tofu mixture in the food processor, along with the cocoa powder, blending until smooth. Layer the two fillings (vanilla and chocolate) on top of the biscuit base and smooth the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until almost firm.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- To make the caramel sauce, heat the caster sugar over medium heat until melted and golden brown. Carefully stir in the coconut cream, adding a tablespoonful at a time, until fully incorporated. Whisk in the salt, the vegan butter, and the arrowroot flour. Let cool to room temperature then refrigerate overnight.
- To make the chocolate sauce, heat the caster sugar, vegan butter, non-dairy milk, dark chocolate, and cocoa powder, stirring constantly until melted. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan and drizzle with the chocolate and caramel sauces. Sprinkle generously with the peanuts.
Recipe Adapted From Vegan Lass