Cinnamon Churros with Chocolate Ganache
Cinnamon Churros with Chocolate GanacheThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 210 g plain or bread flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 380 ml water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp + 50 g caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp + 900 ml light olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150 g dairy-free dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 can coconut cream
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Place the water, salt, 1 tablespoonful of sugar, 1 tablespoonful of oil, and 1/4 teaspoonful of vanilla extract in a small saucepan, stir well, then bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Pour over the flour and mix until a dough forms.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle and pipe lines onto greaseproof paper.
- Warm 900 ml of oil over medium heat to 180°C in a large saucepan. (If you don’t have a cooking thermometer, test the oil by frying a cube of bread. It will brown in about 30 seconds if the oil is at a moderate heat.) Carefully drop in four churros and fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil. Repeat until all the churros are cooked.
- Mix the cinnamon and remaining caster sugar in a large bowl.
- Roll each churro in the sugar then set aside while making the chocolate ganache.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl. Melt the coconut cream in a small saucepan over medium heat then carefully pour over the chocolate and add the remaining vanilla extract. Leave for 1 minute then stir until smooth and glossy.
- Dunk the churros into the ganache and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan