Dough BallsThe Rose & Bean
- 75 ml lukewarm water
- 3.5 g (1/2 sachet) fast-acting yeast
- 175 g plain flour
- 3 g salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 100 g vegan butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- Basil or parsley, to garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the water and yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, olive oil, and yeast mixture.
- Using an electric mixer with a dough hook, mix for 7 to 8 minutes, until no longer sticky. If you don’t have an electric mixer with a dough hook, knead by hand for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and gently shape into a ball. Return to the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and let the dough rest for about 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- In a small bowl, mix the vegan butter, garlic, and chopped parsley. Add the salt, to taste. Set aside.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface. Cut into 10 pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Arrange in two rows on a lightly floured baking sheet, with each touching those adjacent to it.
- Let rest for about 1 hour, until doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Gently spread the garlic butter on the dough balls, reserving about 2 tablespoonsful.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
- Spread with the remaining garlic butter. Garnish with basil or parsley and season with salt. Serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted From The Rose & Bean