Healthy ‘Twix’ Bars
Healthy ‘Twix’ BarsThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 150 g coconut flour
- 210 g + 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 85 g + 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 120 g almond butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g dairy-free dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a square cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, 140 g of coconut oil, 4 tablespoonsful of maple syrup, and the salt by hand until a dough forms.
- Press into the tin and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a bowl, melt 70 g of coconut oil. Add the almond butter, the remaining maple syrup, and the vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Pour over the base, spread to the edges, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the remaining coconut oil in a double boiler over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Pour over the caramel layer, smooth with a spatula or spoon, and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan