Spicy QuesadillasThe Little Blog of Vegan
- 1 Tbsp light olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 carton cooked kidney beans
- 3 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green jalapeños, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fajita seasoning
- 4–5 tortilla wraps
- 1 cup grated vegan cheese
- Vegan sour cream, salsa, guacamole, lime juice, lettuce, olives, and coriander, optional
- Heat the oil in a large pan and preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Fry the onion and garlic on low heat until golden, then add the red and yellow peppers and cook until soft.
- Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, jalapeños, and seasoning. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Lay the tortilla wraps on baking trays lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place equal portions of the filling on half of each wrap and sprinkle with grated vegan cheese. Fold over.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and the cheese has melted. Cut each quesadilla in half and serve warm with the optional toppings, if desired.
Recipe Adapted From The Little Blog of Vegan