- 2 large aubergines, cut lengthwise and into slices 5 mm thick
- 1 block vegan cheese, shredded
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 small handful fresh basil, shredded
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat a large, dry pan on the hob and grill the eggplant slices for about half a minute on each side.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer 1/3 of the tomato sauce, 1/2 the eggplant slices, 1 pinch of salt, 1/3 of the vegan cheese, and half the basil. Repeat. Top with the remaining tomato sauce and vegan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Recipe Adapted From ROMYLONDONUK